Are you considering launching or growing a small business? OMEN is a diverse network of organizations and stakeholders committed to microenterprise and entrepreneur development throughout Oregon. OMEN’s members can provide assistance to you in a number of ways!
- Access to capital.
- Access to market research.
- Access to training and techical assistance.
- Representation in advocacy efforts for microenterprise and entrepreneurship development on the local, state, and federal levels.
Those who work with entrepreneurs and in microenterprise development know that clients who effectively take advantage of business development services and successfully manage their businesses tend to exhibit certain personal qualities. Think about the following common features that successful entrepreneurs have in place before starting a business.
- If you are pre-business startup, you have a clearly defined business idea and have researched starting your business.
- If you currently own or operate a business, you have previous job skills related to your business industry.
- You have a bank account and do not have unsurmountable credit challenges.
- You have stable housing, and you have access to reliable transportation.
- You have some level of family support. If you have children, you have child care or incorporate your family into your business planning.
- You are strongly motivated and determined to succeed!
- Take this quiz to see if you have what it takes to start a small business!
To find a service provider near you click here, or contact OMEN at (503)546-9913 or email@example.com.